Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Depression, Hope, and Life



“As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things.”- Ecclesiastes 11:5

This verse stirs up two emotions in me: depression and hope. Depression because I "cannot understand". Hope because God is bigger than my understanding, bigger than what I see. This reminds me of another verse, which has come up a few times as of late:

"We live by faith, not by sight." - 2 Corinthians 5:7

Christianity is not necessarily about doing things differently in life, but it is about having a different mindset in all areas of life.

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do. - James 2:18b

1 comment:

WAUGDAI said...

Faith isn't always about understanding, so I've learned, it's about believing. It isn't always about feeling good either which I think is our greatest misconception... I love your comment that "hope is bigger than my understanding, bigger than what I see." If we could see it all, faith wouldn't be faith. Don't be depressed, be joyful that we don't understand or else we wouldn't need God! ;-) Thanks for your continuous encouragement Sylvia. I appreciate you.