Sunday, June 24, 2007

As A Friend



















I falter in my relationship with Christ.

I do not speak with Him as I do with a friend.
I tell Him things, sharing pieces of my heart with Him,
but I do not speak with Him as I would a friend.

I do not listen to Him as I do a friend.
I hear a few things in passing, but I do not listen to His advice, His wisdom, His heart as I would a friend.

I do not take time for Him as I do a friend.
I do not talk about Him as I do a friend.
I do not know Him as I do a friend.

At the beginning of the sermon today, the pastor mentioned Exodus 33:11, which says, "The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend." I started thinking about the talks with my friends that I love so much and realized that is something missing in my relationship with God. That is something I need to get back.

No comments: