Saturday, July 10, 2004

I am constantly amazed and thankful for my parents' growing relationship with the Lord, especially my dad's. I found a devotional book in my dad's room today that my mom got for him in Jan./03 and it is up to date. The fact that he makes special time for God each and every day brings joy to my heart.

I have recently been working at another job. It's at the place I was at last summer, but it's doing completely different work. I really enjoy it. I've had the opportunity to do a lot of cleaning, which I really enjoy doing when there's nobody around, and I worked on sawing the cement or whatever it is that's between the shower tiles before they're finished. I have really enjoyed working at a job where I can see results, that I have made a difference. Any other job I've had has seemed like a pointless effort to me. The thing is, as much as I loved doing the tile work, my hands have never been used like that before and I felt like they were bruised all over. They were so weak when I was done that I could barely lift a cup of coffee up to give to my mom. The cleaning however is still something I enjoy doing and, while it is tiring, it is something I can see results in when I'm done. I'm hoping that with the hours I'm getting at the Bingo Hall and the two jobs at Edenvale I'll be able to pay off my VISA, hopefully have enough money to pay for car insurance, and maybe, just maybe, have enough money to cover the cost of a couple crazy ideas I've got for before I go back to school.

Speaking of school, I'm getting together with a couple girls from Abbotsford who are planning on coming in September, just to answer some questions they may have and stuff.

I was going to go see King Arthur today, but I think my mom said she wants to see it, so maybe we'll go tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: