Friday, July 28, 2006

The light shines in the darkness...

One day while I was sitting outside for one of my breaks at work, I definitely had the analogy "You are the light of the world" on my heart. I was thinking about it and really questioning God as to how that was possible. I mean, where I was working it felt so unbelievably dark and I felt as though the little light that I did have was barely making a difference there...and that was such a small place. If I couldn't shed much light there, how could I shine bright enough for the world?!?!

I realized (possibly again, but maybe for the first time) that I am the light of the world, in the small part of the world that I am given. Other people are the light wherever they are. When I went back to work, I had a different attitude...and was challenged right away in this area: I ended up working at the same table as one of the angriest, most cynical people I have ever met. But right from the get-go I was smiling, giving a new perspective on things, and being kind to her in anyway I could. And you know what? She apologized for how she was acting and she eventually lightened up a bit. It was amazing!

1 comment:

.:Alix:. said...

I love it when that happens....when you can make the person with the worst attitude smile....its a great feeling...i love how the LORD works through us