Friday, July 07, 2006

Well, I applied for this one job that I really really really really wanted. I had an interview on Wednesday that seemed to go pretty well. They phoned me the next day (yesterday) and told me I did not get the job. I was very diappointed, but I have not dwelt on it because I know that I and they put a lot of prayer into it and that it was left in God's hands. As much as I wanted that job, I would not want to have it if He did not want me there. I will continue looking for work and will hopefully find something soon, as my finances have dwindled down to about $9.

I now have all of my stuff set up that I need while I am living with my family. My dad turned the closet/storage area into a nice walk-in closet. I have now made that my "prayer closet". I have my stereo, CDs, books, Bible, journal, and pen nicely organized in there. As I walk in, I get ready whatever I plan to use, then I fall to my knees, put my face to the floor, and seek the face and heart of the Father.

My heart has been changing once again. I had lost sight of how things truly are. When I first began watching the news since being home, I would think and comment on how stupid people are acting, how they don't seem to care about other people. One of the first things that brought this on was when they said someone had intentionally started a forrest fire. I mean seriously, is the person that desparate to feel powerful? But even as I started commenting I was convicted about my attitude. As I began to see things more clearly my anger was turned into prayer. For what better way to fight than face down?!

From a song that has become so powerful to me I pray the words: "I want my heart to break for the hearts that You break for. I want my life to be intimate with You." I want to see this world through His eyes, I want to listen with His ears, I want my heart to beat in rhythm with His. There is nothing more that I want than to dive deeper into the heart of my Father, gazing into His loving eyes, walking in His footsteps as He leads me in His dance. And with this comes my prayer that His people would seek Him above all else, settling for nothing less.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Sorry you didn't get the job. Another one will come up and it will be meant for you.

Miss You!
Love Always,

Greg Roberts said...

"Their weapon of choice, their knees in the sand..."

.:Alix:. said...

I admire the desire you have to seek the face of Christ...I love you girl...