Wednesday, October 04, 2006

good or bad?

I have yet to determine if the Internet is a good thing or a bad thing for me. I am on here a lot. I recognize that it takes me away from spending time with people, though there are very few people I know who I can spend time with...and MSN Messenger allows me to keep in constant contact with those who are not here. I also recognize that I allow it to take time away from my sleep. People often question how a person can stay on the internet for so long. There are different answers for different people, mine being: I want to be in touch with my friends and...there is SO much to learn! I can start to search one thing, then something else comes to my mind that I want to learn about, so I go do some research on that...and so the cycle continues until many hours have passed. I know my desire to learn is a good thing, but perhaps I am not going about it the best way.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

MSN is a great tool for keeping in touch as is hotmail, but wouldn't it be more beneficial to pick up a phone and call that person? As for research, I am all about book research, visit your local library, say once a week, it doesn't have a "relevant links" button. Maybe do an internet fast and see just how much of your time it eats up.

cheers and blessings and all that good stuff
anna

doxasky said...

I agree with picking up the phone and calling people, which I do, but I don't want to harass people by phoning them all the time. As for the research...books are good, but they're better when they're mine so I can write in them and stuff. But I will be going to Columbia Bible College to use their library when I have some time off work when my mom is working.
Perhaps an internet fast would do me some good though. But I will be putting it off until I get back from Eston. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree Doxasky...there IS so much to learn on the internet and it's like a chain reaction hey? One site leads to another...stupid links! It's not the internet but those darn links I tell ya!!! I'm in the boat with you...I think it's ok to keep paddleling though...but just like in a boat we need to stop and get out to go to the bathroom sometime, hey? :) does that make any sense? um, ya.

doxasky said...

haha...nice analogy!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, anytime~