Friday, September 05, 2008

Goodbye EV, Hello life



I swiped out for the last time today. I turned in my card, my key, and my stamp, hugged co-workers goodbye, and walked out. I have no regrets in taking the job at EV and I have no regrets in leaving it. I met some wonderful people who I will miss seeing on a regular basis, but I know I will see some of them outside of work still. As I was driving towards the main road, I had one somewhat sad moment: I would not see the amazing view of the sun coming over the mountains as I leave work in the mornings. I will, however, have many opportunities to see both sunsets and sunrises in new places. I am already enjoying knowing that I will be on a normal sleep schedule again after 2 years of switching between sleeping during the day when I worked and during the night on my weekends. While my overtime at EV is paying off now, I am hopeful that I will soon be working for a company that will allow me to have a set schedule. I look forward to this next part of my journey.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad knowing that you won't have to work those damn crazy hours. I anticipate all that's coming your way my friend =)

Jaclyn_Rose said...

Hope you are having a good holiday!! Good luck with the job search :)

Coralou said...

how was the trip? I presume you didn't get a csi jacket, since you haven't mentioned it. :p

doxasky said...

No CSI jacket, but I did get a CSI hat! It was a very well spent $7 :)