Saturday, January 24, 2009

Creative outlet?

I want to make something...build something...anything. When we put our bookcase together last year, something hit home with me. It hit me again tonight when I was opening the TV remote. Using a screwdriver, a hammer, screws, nails, boards...it all just felt so right in my hands. I have been wanting to buy a dresser for a while now. Tonight I thought about attempting to make my own. I think I'll hold off on something that big for now, but maybe I'll go find something this week to practice on.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!! I loved being able to build things when I was working in construction, it's just something about being able to see the finished product of your work that will last for a very long time!

Love you!

WAUGDAI said...

That's it girl! Go Sylvia Go! Check out this site; (www.instructables.com) I find it entertaining some days to surf through. Did you also know that Home Depot offers free classes; check 'em out! I do like seeing the finished product as Ashley stated above - but there is something so exciting holding tools, fixing, building, doing stuff. haha. I can't wait to see pictures of your next builds...wink wink...hint hint!

doxasky said...

Thanks for the encouragement friends!

Free classes at Home Depot? I never would have thought! And that website has so many ideas!

Anonymous said...

sweeet.

love it!

WAUGDAI said...

I know, it's great isn't it Sylvia! tee hee.