Tuesday, December 02, 2003

People often say "I don't have time to pray". Then there's the cringe worthy responses of "You need to make time to pray" or "You don't have time NOT to pray". While these responses are true, I find it difficult somtimes to make it impact my life. For a while I was like "Oh ya, I pray", which I did, kinda...it was just that I would toss up little prayers of "God, please do (this) in so-and-so's life". This last little while, I have been reminded of the importance of confession of sins. At first I thought it was just the need to confess to God, which it is, but there's also the importance of confessing to those in authority over me (when I break their rules). This is something else I have been being taught over the last couple weeks...I need to follow the rules of those in authority over me because God placed them in those positions and He tells us that, as long as those rules do not go against His ways (that we know of), we need to respect them, because if we disrepsect them, then we are not only disrespecting them, but we are also disrespecting God.

No comments: