Monday, February 27, 2006

WHAT A MORNING!

I woke up a couple times this morning, unsure of what time it was, and each time I turned over and went back to sleep. The third time this happened it seemed just as dark as the first two times and I felt just as tired, yet this time, in the midst of turning over, my alarm went off.

My roommate got up for a shower, so I layed in bed a bit longer thinking about how different it is not being the first one up. Then I started thinking about some of my close friendships that have been formed at this college. I am so thankful. I turned my attention and thankfulness to my God who is the One who brought these friendships into being.

I made breakfast, got ready, then went to Co-op to get some water and saran wrap. Went back home, started getting my things together, told my roommate the car was running and warm if she wanted to go there while I finished getting ready. She did. A minute later I grabbed my books, locked the door and was on my way, when suddenly I realized that I had no shoes on! I went to grab my keys but found that they were not there. I put my books down, opened the main door of the apartment, stood there trying to get my roommate's attention (I'm not going out in the snow with just my socks on!). Finally got her attention. I told her what happened, she came back in, laughing at me. I went in, went to get my keys out of my jeans, but they weren't there either! I finally remembered I had left them in the car yesterday, so I put my shoes on, and away we went - arriving at the school safe and sound and on time.

The End.

2 comments:

theDING said...

Ya know, going out in the snow with no shoes on is not neccessarily such a bad thing...I think.

I mean, what better way to open up the pores in your feet? (I have no idea why anyone would want to open up any of their pores anyways, or even what that is supposed to do, but hey, it could work.) Isn't that why people take baths in ridiculously cold water? Since snow is water, maybe that could provide some rejuvination to the ol' tootsies?

Meh, who knows?

doxasky said...

except that the cold actually closes your pores! that is...unless it's different for feet.