Friday, June 30, 2006

Mid Transition

Well, I have been in Abbotsford for about a week and a half now. I am still looking for work. Once I find a job I will start looking for a car. My niece is pretty much attached to me when I am home. I miss having my own room, a place where I can just get away. I suppose these trips to the library to check my email and what not are my chance to get away. I ordered a book off the ACOP website. It's called Streams of Grace. It's about the history of the ACOP. I'm enjoying it. Before I came here I was watching the World Cup semi-finals (GER vs ARG). Germany was down 1-0, but came back to score at about the 80 minute mark of the game. They went into OT, then to a Shoot Out. Germany won the Shoot Out 4-2. It was a great game! This afternoon it will be Italy vs Ukraine, then the final will be on Tuesday.
Ya, so not too much going on in my life right now. I'm hoping that once I find a job and get connected with a church I will actually be able to make some friends so I have someone to hang out with. Oh, actually, I did get to meet up with a few friends in Kitsilano on Wednesday night. We went for supper, then to Kits Beach. It was so wonderful to see the ocean again!!! And it was such a beautiful night. If I could afford it I would love to live in Vancouver. It really is very beautiful. And I'd have the best of both worlds: having the mountains that reveal some of the beauty and majesty of God on one side and having the ocean that reminds me of the vastness and depth of God on the other side.
I have been going to sleep so early that I have yet to see a beautiful starry night. But in the mean time I drink my tea, read my book, and remember my dear friends from college whom I miss so much.

2 comments:

.:Alix:. said...

I MISS YOU TOO SYLVIA!!!

doxasky said...

Sorry for having the World Cup facts mixed up. I do look forward to watching more games though. Hm...what to watch next??? If I watch football, I am now VERY torn between BC and SK!