Friday, September 24, 2004

I can already see a common theme in all 4 of my classes this year: practical ways to engage in the surrounding culture. It is a beautiful thing. This is something I have had difficulty with, but now that it's being crammed into my head in classes and with friends, it should make a huge impact in my life when it all comes together.

I started reading the Spiritual Mentoring book for Leadership II. It was weird starting on chapter 4, but that's what our paper's on, so that's what I'll read for now. It's been a confirmation of the things I've been thinking about regarding friendship and what not. Now, if only I would learn to take the initiative to do something about it.

I had so much fun tonight! I've been spending so much time reading, it was nice to take a break. We watched Pirates of the Caribbean in the lounge, then I went for a walk with a few friends. Turns out the time I have spent playing Mario Tennis has not been pointless. It hepled me be able to play a doubles game of a similar sort with Mark, Josh, and Caleb. I had so much fun. The game had some crazy monkeys dancing on it, so while we were finishing our walk, we decided to imitate them. I was a good night.

When I went to do kitchen laundry today, I smahed my hand against something and ended up taking a small chunk of skin off my knuckle. It bled through 2 small band-aids, but the 3rd patch band-aid has been doing well.

Anywho...I'm off to the dorms.

No comments: