Tuesday, September 07, 2004

I was made aware of something last night. We were sitting in the lounge for a time of worship for chapel before going for a time of prayer with our community groups. Between the music and community groups, Brian gave a bit of a sermon on love and friendship. Previously I had thought that there were a few friends who I had made too important in my life and I kept trying to change that. I was constantly struggling with this because it didn't make sense to me to try to love somebody less. I don't know why I didn't clue in before to the fact that I am not to love those few individuals less, but that I am to increase my love for others. Now that I'm typing this I do remember thinking this before because I am now stuck with a familiar unconcluded conclusion (whatever). I think to Jesus' relationships. He loved everyone, yet He had 12 with whom He shared more things and 3 of those 12 whom He seemed even closer with. I don't know.

No comments: