Saturday, September 18, 2004

I don't know why I can't learn one very important lesson: to daily recognize my need to depend on God. I wish I could learn it on the basis of God alone, however I seem only to be reminded of it for selfish reasons, which I guess is better than not realizing it. I was having a really weird, not so good night last night and I couldn't figure out why. When I stopped to think about it, however, I realized that it is because I have been neglecting my intimate moments with God. I mean, sure, I still talked with Him and stuff, but I hadn't read my Bible or just purposed to sit and think about Him for a couple days. When I neglect this time with God, I get into trouble emotionally. Thankfully when I realize that that's what's going on and I do something about it, I move out of that state of mind. One reason I wanted to be in leadership this year because I knew it would keep me accountable to God because I knew there would be no way I could make it through the things I have to go through without Him. How can I expect to give to others out of a void in my own life...I need to, as we've been taught, give out of the abundance of God.

No comments: