Saturday, November 12, 2005

It is a wonderful thing to go to a store for 2 specific items, only to find out those items are on sale!!! I FINALLY got a digital camera (Canon A510)! So I ended up getting the camera and upgraded memory card for about the same price I thought I was going to pay just for the camera.
We left Eston at 3:45pm and were in bed in Winnipeg by 3:30am. We hit the mall on Thursday afternoon where I bought, among other things, my camera, memory card, Courage Under Fire, and Primal Fear. We spent the evening at Sarah's, then watched Shrek 2 (which I went to bed during). Friday I watched tv and movies while the place was being prepared for Sarah's party. Family and friends came to celebrate, then Sarah, Nhi, Hyun Ju, and I went to Silver City to watch Doom. When I saw previews for it, part of me didn't want to see it, but it just seemed like the thing to do last night, so I went. While I wouldn't recommend it to everyone, nor would I call it a "good" movie, I really enjoyed it, as did the others I was with. The coloring, the angles, the suspense/intensity of it all came together to make an impressive movie.
Hyun Ju is currently at the Asian Market with Venetta (who knew Sarah's parents before Sarah was even born). The family is going to a wedding this afternoon and a birthday this evening. If it doesn't rain, or maybe even if it does, I want to go to the Forks and around downtown. I bought a map, so I'm hoping I can find my way, though I might see if Justin and Michelle want to hang out with Hyun Ju and I.
These trips to Winnipeg always go by so quickly! I can't believe we'll be on our way back to Eston at this time tomorrow! I hope we can visit with people in Moose Jaw on our way back.
I hope all you FGBCers are enjoying your Reading Break. See you soon:)

4 comments:

rachel elizabeth said...

wow girl! looks like we both made big purchases this weekend eh!
I am happy for you that you founda camera for such a deal!
AND ITS A CANON!!
canon is my favorite.

anyway, i would definately be up for Elizabethtown upon our arrival. When are you guys getting in do you think?

its so nice not having an in dorm time.

.:Alix:. said...

WOW!! sounds like you are having a good time. Thats awsome that you got a camera. I LOVE CAMERAS!!! heehee
well I can't wait to see you girl. Make sure you hug me when you get back!! heehee
luv ya

Coralou said...

Hey, I hope you had a safe and fun trip...
I wish I could have come/gone... I'd have loved to stop in and see the girls in MJ.
You'll have to send me some of your pictures.
Love and miss you! :)

theDING said...

Sorry I didn't check this out earlier, as you are probably on the way back right now (if you aren't already home).

Out of the six of us that share this space we call the basement, I held down the fort here at FGBC. No one is seriously injured. The place did not catch fire and our office still needs to be vaccuumed (no one's perfect...).

Anyways...I'm off to write up my own blog entry. See ya 'round.