Monday, November 07, 2005

What a crappy day...seriously! I did talk to somebody about it, so I won't get into it here, but it's still crappy nonetheless. I really am not up for being around most people today, let alone going to the recruitment supper to hang out with a bunch of people I never hang out with any other time (except for meetings with those I work with). I just want to play basketball and read my Bible. Though what kind of Christian does that make me...not wanting to be around people? And it's retarded because at church we're going through The Purpose Driven Life and this week's focus is on fellowship (chooing to be a member, sharing, something else, and kinship). Normally I am very big on my friendships and building relationships with people, but not today. I think I'm just tired. Not physically, but emotionally, spiritually perhaps. I have 40 minutes until I have to go for supper.

2 comments:

theDING said...

Doxa, stand strong. God is with you. I know how you feel in the whole not wanting to be around people thing.

I guess that I could use the examples of Moses spending time in the wilderness, or heck, even Jesus, the God-man himself. But being a Christian is not all about comparing yourself to other people.

Instead, ask yourself "Why do I want to be alone?" The answer to that question will help you figure out whether or not there is something that you need to be working out, or whether you are going through a normal human reaction to life, those oft despised things that we call feelings.

Take heart! God loves us introverts too.

doxasky said...

To theding:

I know why I don't want to be around people and I know that it is not for the right reasons. Yes it is due to my feelings as well as my experience, but there are times such as this that I have not learned enough truth to overcome these feelings and experiences with truth.