Tuesday, November 28, 2006

My feet are like blocks of ice

I learned so much during my time in Saskatchewan. One of those things was "how to drive in the snow". Yes, we have had record-breaking weather out here in the Fraser Valley. I chuckle though because they have closed all of the schools out here because of a foot or two of snow and some strong winds, while my prairie friends have had to go to school in much worse weather. I suppose that it's because snow and wind is common for the prairies, whereas we rarely get snow which means that few people know how to drive in it.

I am no expert at driving in the snow, and I would still rather not if I don't have to, but I will not let this bit of snow and ice stop me from going to work. (Also granted that I only live about a 10-20 minute drive from where I work).

Oh! Yesterday when I was going to leave work, there were a few vehicles stuck at the intersection by the main road: BIG TRUCKS = BIG RUTS = TRAPS FOR SMALL CARS. This plus the occasional white-outs made for a long wait to be on my way home.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

The sky has also dumped a lot of snow on Eston. It started Sunday night and hasn't quit yet. The temperatures are in the minus 20's. Really cold if you were to ask me. All this snow sucks right now cause I was a little late in ordering winter boots, but do not fear, they will be here Dec. 7! It is too cold for me, I like to be warm. Under a warm blanket and reading a book would be my type of day today. Oh, well!!
Miss yoou.

WAUGDAI said...

I have shovelled the sidewalk four times today and you can't even tell. When will it stop. Think it's time to buy a snowboard...

Anonymous said...

Crazy! Ya...it wouldn't have stopped me from going into work either but it did stop everyone else from going in, so that I was sent home. :(