Thursday, July 24, 2003

God has given me so much today! Actually, it all started last night. We had such a wonderful time of worship at church last night...it was very evident that people were being very dependent on God...it was beautiful.
Today I spent more money that I don't have, but I belive it was a good investment. I went to our local Christian bookstore today to pick up a copy of The Bondage Breaker because it was on sale and I had heard good things about it. On the way, I decided that I would like to check out The Chronicles of Narnia, so I did. Turns out they were having a great sale on those (buy 2 get 1 free), so I got them all except The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe which was all sold out, but I ordered a copy of it, so my collection would be complete. Now, you would think that 8 books would be enough, but I also could not resist getting the C.S. Lewis Sinature Collection consisting of Mere Christianity, The Screwtape Letters, The Great Divorce, The Problem of Pain, Miracles, and A Grief Observed. It was a box set. So ya...13 books for $147 and 1 more book on the way.
I got home and found a letter in the mail from school saying it would be best to make changes now if I was going to, so I did and guess what? I GET TO TAKE GREEK!!! I'm so excited...it didn't seem all that likely that I could, but I can!
I began to more seriously contemplate teaching ESL overseas. I would love to do it, but I need to get over this whole thought of it being something my parents wouldn't want me to do.
I also began to think of what I would have to buy to play sports this year...and how much it would cost. I then got a phone call asking me if I wanted to do another paper route, so I said yes, realizing later that that should cover the cost of my cleets, shin guards, and knee pads.
Yep, that's about it.

No comments: