Friday, July 18, 2003

I had such a great day today! One of my friends "kidnapped" me and took me to Mt. Baker. I was excited to be there, enjoying the beauty of God's creation, discussing how small we are in comparison to all that is God. I was enjoying relaxing for a while, but then the kid inside of me won over. I jumped of a ledge (not too high though 'cause I was just getting used to this feeling) into a snow bank. Snow in the middle of July! We had a short snowball fight before I claimed my freedom sliding down the icy mountain.
I have been so excited to return to school (FGBI in small town Eston, SK). Most of the people there I had not known before this year, but after 8 months of dorm life, I got to know some of them so well and have made some amazing friends who have impacted my life in a way I had longed for much of my life. The staff there is also amazing. They have so much wisdom and love that they pass on to us students. I have never related so well to teachers and staff members before and I have never even LIKED doing assignments before let alone ENJOYED doing them before. But life at FGBI is SO different from anything I've experienced before. We really are a family and God is our focus. Well, we try anyways.
That's more than I thought I'd write tonight, for my first blog, and I was going to keep going, but that's enough for now.

No comments: