Friday, November 07, 2003

So I'm on the WAT list for the Syria team. I was so excited when I found out that is where we'd be going. And I got even more excited when I was told there's a possibility (small, but there) that we could join a tour in Israel while we're out that way. The thing with WAT is that we're supposed to ask our parents for permission. If they say no, it doesn't mean we don't go, necessarily, but it does make things more complicated. So last night I called home and asked my parents if I had their permission. They said no. They don't think it's safe. But they did say that I'm an and can make my own decision. And they're right...I am 24 after all. So last night I was faced with the decision of obeying God by honoring my parents or obeying God by following where He I believe He is calling me to go. While I was praying in chapel this morning, the words "leave your parents and come and follow me" ran through my head. I'm not sure if that was from God or if that was me making excuses for myself to go. For now I will continue praying for God to soften my parents' hearts in this matter and to confirm to me one way or the other aboutgoing on this missions trip.

No comments: