Friday, June 10, 2005

Well, it is 2:02am and I don't feel like going to sleep.

I am really cold right now...mostly my fingers and my toes.

I have heard a number of people say that they think Christ is coming back soon. I'm not sure what I think about that. I mean, sure it's nearer than any other previous time, but they are making it sound like it's tomorrow or something. Now, I'm all for that: if Christ wants to come back, then it's the right time and I have no problem with His return. But I can't stop thinking of the many people over the centuries who have believed Christ's return would happen in their lifetime, and yet it did not.

You know who I've been admiring as of late? Paul. So often I think to myself, "I'm only human. I make mistakes. I don't want people to follow me because I don't want to lead them astray, since I am not as Christ-like as I should be (or want to be). But Paul was confident in the life he was living. He knew that he was following Christ and setting a good example for others. Someone else I admire: David, "a man after God's own heart". David was always real before his God. He went to Him during all stages of his life.
I am tired of saying: "I want to spend time with God." or "I know I should pray more." or "I need to seek God's face." I can't just keep saying these things. The only thing that will make a difference is actually doing these things!

I am still being continually blessed! While I was near the start of my shift yesterday, I started talking with a couple of the girls who work on the daytime shift. Turns out they are both Christians. One of them, Rachel, has been working there for a few years I think, and the other one (Sherry-Lynn I think is her name) just started yesterday or the day before. It is so nice to be able to meet new people who are close in age to me. A couple of the girls (Rachel and Jamie) are 26 and a few of the guys are 27, but the 3 ladies I directly work with are 50, 54, and 57. That surprised me 'cause I thought they were in their late 30s - early 40s! I think I'm the youngest person working at that place (so weird going from being one of the oldest at school to the youngest at work).

I got my transcript back from school on Monday. I am so excited! I did better in my classes this past semester than in any of my previous semesters. I knew I learned how to think!!! (Now I just need to learn how to talk well and it'll be all good!).

Well, now it's 2:41am and I still don't want to go to sleep, but I guess I should anyways. I'm planning on going to see Mr & Mrs Smith tomorrow afternoon. SO EXCITED!!!

Goodnight.

No comments: