Sunday, June 19, 2005

Well, between my talk with Coralee last night(/this morning) and church this morning, my mind and heart have been overflowing once again concerning youth. I have always had a desire to work with teens. I hear people say so many times that, yes, youth have problems, but they aren't important problems, that when they are older they will look back and see how trivial those problems were or else they will not even remember some of them. Sure, maybe it is a "stage" that most teenagers go through, but the physical, emotional, and spiritual state that they are in at any given time is extremely important. In fact, I believe their experiences and how they work through these things at this age and into their early 20s have dramatic life changing results. We have gotten a lot better by giving our youth a voice and encouraging them to do great things, yet we do not seem as willing to try to understand them and support them as they walk through their own daily trials/battles. I was thinking about how, ya, there may be organizations and people to help youth, but I do not see enough people really reaching out and letting the youth know that they really care about them and that they want to be there to support them and give them some direction.

No comments: