Thursday, June 01, 2006

Real Life - Real People

How often the enemy is at work. I see it more often in the lives of youth, but it is everywhere!
I'm not really sure what to say. How would YOU respond to this girl who is believing these lies? What does she need to hear?

"You don't have the words or the actions to go along with your so-called faith. How can you be a witness? You don't know anything. You can't explain anything. You can't even bring yourself to spend time with this God of yours. You have no purpose. Even what you thought you had, you don't have anymore. Nobody wants to hang out with you. They would much rather hang out with other people. You've got nothing to offer people. They would be better off without you bothering them all the time. Just end it. Maybe then they'd realize...."

3 comments:

Greg Roberts said...

Wow, I tihnk I would have to pray and ask the Holy Spirit to help me out, but grace is something that needs to be factored in.

Scott said...

If I was there, I would have smiled with a gentle and patient pity. Then I would have said..."I know Sylvia, and I don't think we are talking about the same person. I'm sorry, but you're wrong."

Then I would have jumped across the floor, employed my power move and opened up a can of...on her head. (Ok, maybe that is a slight exageration.)

WAUGDAI said...

It's interesting that our critics are the very ones seeking and confused. Though we're not perfect, which I wish they'd all realize, we're striving, striving for something more then the mere randomness of life. This comment challenges me to be a deeper seeker, and to be on my face more before Him and for others. Be encouraged that you're putting something out there... ;-)