Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Home is where the heart is

When I got home today, my niece came running to the door, yelling "Auntie Sylva! Auntie Sylva!" (ya, she can't say my name right just yet). Then she asked, "So, what do you want to do with me today?" How could I resist? It was raining and it was almost time for supper so we couldn't do much, but we got in a couple games of Go Fish, Snap, and Huckle Buckle Beanstalk (using an Eeyore figurine as the object to hide and find). During this time, my niece said at least 3 times that she loved me and that she liked me. I feel so bad though because I love her and like her too, but my heart is so far from this place. My heart is very much still at FGBC and with my friends from there (wherever they may be). I am back home with my family (and sort of with 2 friends, but not really), but I feel like I am settling for something less. Maybe it is moreso sacrificing. It is probably the easiest sacrifice to some people, because I really do have it good here, but because throughout my whole life my friends have been so important to me, it feels like the ultimate sacrifice to not be with them. I believe it will get easier once I make some close friends (or even just one)...
To my friends from FGBC, I love you all and miss you so very very much!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I agree, home is where the heart is. Miss you too!!

Anonymous said...

Hope things get better for you here, that is that you feel content at least to enjoy what God has for you right now in your life.