Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Zechariah

A few days ago I was thinking of what I wanted to read in the Bible. I decided that because I am least familiar with the end of the Old Testament that I would start there. I began reading Zechariah and was immediately drawn in. I thought I would have to force myself to read even a section of a chapter, but I have found myself reading more than I plan on every time. As Zechariah is a fairly short book, I expect to be done in the next day or two. The few times I have read Zechariah there is a sentence or verse that jumps out at me. The most recent to me was:

8 " 'Listen, High Priest Joshua, you and your associates seated before you, you who are symbolic of things to come: I am going to bring my servant, the Branch. 9 See, the stone I have set in front of Joshua! There are seven eyes [c] on that one stone, and I will engrave an inscription on it,' says the LORD Almighty, 'and I will remove the sin of this land in a single day.'"

'and I will remove the sin of this land in a single day.'

This line has given me a new perspective on the power, authority, and awesomeness of God.

No comments: