Friday, February 09, 2007

Sr. High Encounter Weekend

Green painter's tape, paint, and ladders...this is how I have spent much of my time the past four Februarys, so why stop now? My dad repainted one of the walls in our living room and is adding a wooden valance to it this week. I was very quickly and easily reminded of my time in Eston. Four Februarys of Sr. High prep - hard work that made some wonderful memories of late-night painting and cleaning with a few other workaholics. So much work for only a few days of display hardly seemed worth it a lot of the time. But when all was done, it was great to look at this display (mistakes and all) and see how we could all work together to bring a vision into being. And it was amazing to see hundreds of people come into the college and enjoy all that we had put together. To be able to put together decorations, games, activities, prayers, classes, and messages to prepare so many people for an encounter with God is well worth the time and effort put in for preparations. Sr. High Weekend 2002 is when I filled out my application form for FGBI (now FGBC). That same weekend God let a dear friend of mine know He wanted her there the following September. God has used Sr. High Encounter Weekend to impact my life and the lives of so many others. I am so thankful that He has allowed it to continue. The themes since I have known about it have been: Brand Knew, One to Rule Them All, Hidden Treasure, Passion for the Christ, and Face Down. This year's theme: Walk On.

1 comment:

Yokooso said...

I love that kind of work too...it almost doesn't even seem like work when you are next to goofs having a blast hey?