Tuesday, February 01, 2005

This is a letter I wrote to God during class this morning when I was unable to concentrate:


God, I’m so tired. I need your refreshing. I need Your love so I can give love. I have little energy. I’m not as nervous about our presentation today. Thank You for that. God, no matter what is happening in my life and in my world, I know that You are good and that you are in control. When I am overwhelmed by my feelings and my circumstances, I do not see You negatively at any time. I know that I do not see how things really are. You have the perfect view of everything visible and invisible. I want to come where You are. I want to see as You see. In a way, I do. You have revealed to me the hope that can only be found in You. I cannot thank You enough for loving me, for saving me and allowing me to have a relationship with You. Father God, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit please help us. We need You here at our school. Your sheep are lost. We are hungry and we are thirsty. In our lostness, we are finding food and water, but not in the satisfying way when we are close with You. We want You. We are trying to find You, but we are scattered and are not seeking You together. A few may find You, but what about the rest of us? We cannot hear Your voice. We don’t know which way to go so we can hear. The wolves are coming near. Please come. Please show us the way. Please open our eyes to see You and our ears to hear You. Open our hearts and spirits to Your moving. Help us to stay still and wait to enter Your presence. Help us to stop running from You, but to stop and turn around and fall into Your arms in desperation and dependence, then allow You to teach us to walk again, looking to You alone for approval.

No comments: