Saturday, April 23, 2005

I'm doing okay with the people who are returning next year, but for a few of those who aren't I am having a hard time with. I am going to miss some of them SO much! They have been a big part of my life this year and they will always have a piece of my heart.

I am so scared to move to Calgary. It is so big and very unfamiliar. I can picture myself hiding out in my room for the first week, until I adjust to my new surroundings, at least a little anyways. Sure I have visited my new home a few times, but I have never lived there. I am going to be entering the home of a family who has been together for over 20 years. They know how each other works. They know what to expect from each other. They know the ins and outs of daily life with one another. Though they are being so gracious to me in opening up their home to me for the summer, and as loving and hospitable as this family is, I am not in familiar territory and that does not sit well with me.

I am already feeling overwhelmed. I just want to retreat back to my familiar surroundings: people, places, etc. But I know that is not what is right. God is making me grow up, which I have said that I wanted to do, but now that it is happening, it terrifies me. A new city, home, job, family, church....I am trying to trust God in this. I have to. I know without a doubt that I cannot do this on my own.

No comments: