Monday, April 11, 2005

On Saturday morning I was in bed with my window open and had a cool (as in cold) wind flowing through my room. I began to contemplate wind. What is its purpose? For a few minutes I could not think of any. I mean, it's cold (well, this one anyways), it blows your hair and papers all over the place...I guess it causes decent waves for surfers and what not. But anyways, I concluded that a major purpose of wind is to show the power of God. This is the only reason why I like a strong wind. This is also why I love thunderstorms. They show the power, majesty, and beauty of God.

I have really been convicted lately about the way I live my life. There is so much truth that I have learned over the years and that I believe, yet I do not live my life in a way that demonstrates my beliefs...at least not to the extent that I want to. I am struggling with surrendering my life to God. It doesn't matter how often I say that I want to completely surrender to Him, I just can't seem to do it. I go back and forth between knowing that I can't do this in my own strength, but only by the Spirit, and yet God has given me a free will and I need to make the choice to give everything over to Him.

I had such a good time at church yesterday. We sang mostly older songs like "Ancient of Days", "Celebrate Jesus Celebrate", "Awesome God", "I Believe in Jesus", etc. These are the songs that we were singing at my old church and youth group when I started going back to church. It was really good to worship God through those songs again.

No comments: