Monday, December 12, 2005

So I've come to the conclusion that when I am going through a really crappy time, that is when I need to be interceding for my brothers and sisters in Christ. Of course I need to be doing this on a regular basis, but it seems that it is even more important when I am having a hard time. Of course it is easier to realize this than to actually do it, but I need to be faithful in this.

On another note: I got a letter today...from me. At the beginning of the semester, all the girls were split into groups and went from station to station throughout the school. One of the stations was in the "pit" in the lounge. At this stations, we were asked to write a letter to ourselves...something that the leadership would hold onto until around Christmas time. I've done something like this about 3 or 4 times over my 4 years here and each time I have anticipated getting the letter, still remembering (for the most part) what was in it. This time, however, I completely forgot about it. Even when I saw it, saw the date, and started reading it I was so confused as to when I had written it. Thankfully I somewhat know myself and so had written the setting in which I was writing it. I am always encouraged by these letters (to the point of crying at times). It is so good to see where I was at, to see where I thought I'd be going, and to see where I'm at now. Sometimes I wish I could keep what I have written so I can see my goals while I am going through the semester or whatever, but this way is good too.

We are leaving in 4 days! It is so hard to believe!

1 comment:

K said...

I remember doing something similar in my first year, and not remembering that I had written the letter. It is always encouraging to see where you have come from, even if you haven't achieved everything that you had wished to.