Tuesday, January 24, 2006

"restless until I rest in Christ"

What a beautiful statement,
what a brilliant truth!
Yet what a hard concept to walk in.

I find peace when I read those words,
a peace and a longing.
But I do not have the strength to let go.

I see the beauty in the idea,
to rest in the arms of the One who loves me.
Still it is so difficult to see how to live it out.

I know I have had this rest before,
and I will have it again.
I will not be parched in the dry land forever.

I have hope in my God,
He will renew my spirit.
I will be taken from this desert.

1 comment:

theDING said...

May the peace that He gives quench you in this desert time. May He be with you and in you no matter where it may seem that He is. Continue to seek Him and you will find Him because you seek Him with all your heart.

Never give up, and never stop rejoicing! Although we will struggle with you as you walk through the desert, do not feel guilty when others rejoice and do not envy them either.

Because we know you...

because we are one body in Christ Jesus...

and we weep with you too.