Monday, April 10, 2006

I wish more people would pause to enjoy the rain rather than hiding from it or running from it. There were times when I lived on the West Coast, where it rained more than it did anything else, when I would sit inside, diappointed that it was raining, or when I would run from the car to the store, trying not to get too wet. But there were many more times over those 20+ years when I would slowly walk home in the rain, allowing myself to get drenched, soaking it in as if it were the last time I would ever be in it. And I've got some great memories of playing soccer during some downpours. I didn't think I would ever actually miss the rain, but after coming to SK I have come to appreciate it and enjoy it all the more. I loved being woken up at like 3 in the morning to that wonderfully familiar sound that i had missed so much. I would get dressed and go outside to stand in it or to walk in it or to lie on the grass, staring up into the sky. It was great to have it just wash over me. (Daydreaming). I love the sound, the smell, the sight, and the feel of rain...

1 comment:

WAUGDAI said...

Sweet...take full advantage of the moments... just go Sylvia, go let the child from within run wild in the rain or dormant on the grass. haha.