Sunday, April 23, 2006

Grad...wow. I am officially graduated! While we were sitting on the stage I was reminded of the morning I woke up in December 2001 and said, "I'm going to FGBI....What?!?!" It doesn't seem that long ago, yet at the same time it seems like such a long time ago. I guess that's because time wise it's only been 4 1/2 years, which really isn't that long. But so much has happened and changed in those 4 1/2 years that it seems like forever ago. I know I am not the same person as I was when I was curled up in my bed that morning, and I am glad for it. I mean, I couldn't picture myself in my first year dressing up in a pink bunny costume for grad alongside of some of my dear friends (my fellow on-campus graduating interns - Randy the Wrangler, Shawn the blinged out Schmemann, Rachel the Lion, and Bo-yeun the bride of Legolas). It was a great evening. This has probably been the best past month for being able to see that I have changed, whether it's with the "dressing up", my relationship with God, my heart and mind as I worked on assignments, the award I received that I know is ONLY thanks to God, the outcome of my courses, and my relationship with my friends. I know that all of this has stemmed from being face down before my God every day and from the goodness that is God.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Congrats! We did it. It has been a great 2 and a half years getting to know your heart. Thank you for everything.
Love ya.

theDING said...

It's been a long day...

Rather listless and restless, anxious to get on with whatever God has next...

But I have chosen to wait...

May God bless you as you continue to live face down.

rachel elizabeth said...

This is Rachel the lion saying "congrats grauate!"
its gone so fast...
bless you girl!

Greg Roberts said...

You made me laugh.
You will also be dearly missed.
Thanks for the memories.