Monday, October 06, 2003

"God's funny." These are the last words I said to one of my friends after chapel tonight. Matt Redman's song "Blessed Be The Name of the Lord" is becoming even more real and powerful in my life. For the longest time all I could focus on was the part that says "when the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say, 'Blessed be...Your glorious name.'" "You give and take away" were also words that had hit me pretty hard. Tonight, though, more words struck a cord in my heart. I have been asked to sacrifice something to God, but it has been a very difficult process getting to a point where I understand the sacrifice and am willing to make the sacrifice. I'm not quite ready to give it all up, but I'm so close. The line in the song is "though there's pain in the offering, Blessed be Your name." When we sang this tonight, God had already got me thinking about previous times something like this had happened, but not quite to this extreme, and He showed me that if I am faithful to make this sacrifice, He will prove His faithfulness to me again, bringing me through the times that feel like my world is crashing down around me. I look forward to that time, but in the mean time, I must be faithful to do my part.

No comments: