Friday, October 03, 2003

I have heard time and time again that I (and everyone else for that matter) should not care about what other people think. For the longest time, I believed this and was struggling with it greatly. After a conversation I had yesterday, I began to really think about what this means. My thoughts were like this: If I don't care what people think, then I don't really care about people. But maybe that's not quite it. Maybe it's that I should care what people think, just not what people think about me. I then started to think about how I allow people to affect me and I came to the conclusion that, overall, I don't let what people think affect me, not the way that you would normally think. It's not that I care about what people think about ME, it's that I care about what people think about God. I am supposed to be an example of Christ to others and if people see something other than that, I need to work on things that they see as contradictory to God's character.

No comments: