Friday, October 10, 2003

I walk through the dorm, through the school, having no real sense of time. I sit in my room doing homework, reading my Bible, listening to music, writing, whatever I feel like, really. My only "responsibility" is to go to meals and help clean up for a few minutes after each. There are a few other students to see. 8 guys and 4 other g!rls to be exact. Meals are our connection, but for the most part many of us remain to ourselves. I had thought this would be a weekend for homework, and I will do some, but already I know that it will be more than that. Pressures are off, distractions are gone. This weekend will be a time of reflection and a time that God will do a major work in my life. As He searches my heart and helps me to find myself, there will be a greater vulnerability than I have offered before. That thought frightens me, but I embrace the challenge, wanting to go ever deeper with God: my Creator, Father, Friend, Savior, and the Lover of my soul.

No comments: