Friday, February 13, 2004

In one of my Theology classes we are discussing the character and working of the Holy Spirit. Since beginning this class, I have been trying to get out of the mindset of the Spirit being an "It" rather than "He". When we talk about people we don't really know, we still say things like "the teacher, the janitor, the salesperson, etc.". And just because we say "the" in front of their titles, doesn't make any of them "it", they have personal qualities and are therefore referred to as "he" or "she". The same way, the Holy Spirit must be referred to as "He", just like the rest of the Trinity. With that said, I have been excited while learning about the Spirit and His work in me. He dwells inside every believer, as our bodies are considered "the temple of the Holy Spirit". In recognizing this fact and what His work is, I have learned that I need to be willing to allow Him to take me anywhere; that "with God, all things are possible." I have known this in my head before, but it is beginning to transform my life. In class yesterday we were told that, just as in the Garden of Eden when the serpent said "Did God really say you would die?", so now, when we hold back out of fear, we are listening to Satan's lies/deceptions as he says "Did God really say...?" God's Word is true and we need to believe in that with all that we are, living our lives in the basis of that truth.

No comments: