Monday, April 19, 2004

Alright, everything's done except a so-called exam. Now I have all this time on my hands and I have no idea what to do. It has been a good time to do a lot of reading though, so that's been nice. I have a couple more books I'd like to get through before I leave here for the summer. Less than a week and I'll be outta here. I'm thinking of taking a different way home this summer. Either through Lethbridge and across southern BC or else Lethbridge, down into Montana, Idaho, Washington, and back up to BC. I might not do this 'cause I'm gonna be by myself, but it would be fun if I had somebody else with me. On Friday night we drove to Kindersley for supper and to watch Home on the Range, but the movie wasn't playing, so we watched Taking Lives instead. I really enjoyed that movie. The only way I can describe it is as a more in-depth version of CSI. The Dean of Students, who was my WAT leader last year, decided he needed to come up with a nickname for me. He said it needed to be something that showed his endearment towards me and that revealed my character. Since WAT he's been on this big kick of me remembering little details, so he decided to call me Data. After saying that, he also said that, on Star Trek, Data was the most human character because he WANTED to be human. He came up with the name a couple days ago and has been calling me by it since. I told him it would take a while to get used to...I mean, I haven't had a real nickname in my 24 years of living. I am so excited for the Vancouver/Calgary name tonight! We will probably be watching it in the lounge, so it'll likely be crowded, but good nonetheless. All I have to say is GO CANUCKS GO!!!

No comments: