Wednesday, August 18, 2004

I love to see the bond of love between mother and son. This is something I failed to see/mention when I was updating last night. In spite of how unhappy my mom is with her living arrangements, she won't look for another place because that would leave her son in a bad place (re: money), and my brother won't stop working on the house, no matter how tired and stressed he is, because of his love for his mother.


My finances are starting to come together for school and when I called MSP regarding a bill they sent me, they finally understood why I don't owe them the money they thought I did. Once I get to school, I have to mail them some papers to get everything worked out.


A few years ago, my birth certificate, which had been in my wallet which was stolen, was stolen out of the mail before I even got it. The police recovered it in a fraud investigation and needed it for court. I went to get it today so I could get a new Social Insurance card, which was also in the wallet which was stolen, and I found out that the police had all the evidence from that case destroyed. Thankfully, I think there's another copy of my birth certificate in our "important papers" box. Unfortunately, my dad's keys are still packed and my mom is at work, so I have to wait till she gets home so I can find out if it's there. If it is, I can apply for my new SIN card right away. If it's not, I have to mail away for ANOTHER birth certificate (which the police said I would get reimbursed for if I got charged for it), then apply for a new card.


Anyways, I spent SO much time "on hold" or just waiting today, I almost went insane!


BUT, God is in it all. He is in control of everything, which I am SO thankful for because I could NOT go through life without Him.


I was reminded of something really cool today that I hope will encourage anyone who's going through a hard time and can't seem to figure out why. Even when we are producing fruit, God prunes us that we may produce MORE fruit. Sure it hurts, but it is well worth it in the end.


3 days till I see Bo-yeun. 4 days till I see Danielle. 6 days till I'm in Calgary. 8 days till I'm in Eston. YAY!!!

No comments: