Thursday, August 12, 2004

I'm not sure if I like this design or not, but I'm gonna give it a chance to grow on me.


I have been so happy the last couple days: I found my box of shirts and work clothes and I found my cell phone which I've been using as a phone book. To top off these 2 wonderful discoveries, I have finally been able to move into the spare room of the house. As I laid down on the air mattress and looked at the 4 walls and ceiling surrounding me, I felt like I finally had a home...I felt safe. I have been missing my CDs so much! (They've been hidden away in the garage for about 2 1/2 weeks). I had tried to find them before, but it seemed so impossible. I decided to try again today and I found them! I love music. I love my music, especially my more recent additions. My discman and my CDs are my escape from the here and now to the presence of God and His guidance.


This summer has been really weird for me. I have been overly focused on myself and my problems, so much so that I have hardly noticed the lives of those around me. Now that I am beginning to open my eyes and heart to those around me, I cringe at the thought that I have wasted so much time this summer and that I've only got 12 days left here. I'm trying to get past that and see the opportunities I have over the next 12 days.


"He shed no tears for His own griefs, but sweat drops of blood for mine." It is my desire to let this love and compassion of Jesus flow from my own heart to everyone I come in contact with. I know it will be difficult, impossible really, but it is something I can work towards.

No comments: