Saturday, October 08, 2005

Who are You?

You created the earth and everything in it, the world and all who live in it.
Grieved that You made man on earth, You flooded the earth, killing all but 8 people and 2 of every kind of animal.
You sit and talk with a Samaritan woman and You open Your arms to the little children to come to You.
You send Your chosen people to destroy other "nations", specifying that no one is to be left alive, including women and children.
You are my King.
You are a Servant.
You are just.
You are merciful.
You are the Lion of Judah.
You are the Lamb who was slain.
You are transcendent.
You are imminent.
You are a Warrior.
You are the Lover of my soul.
You ask me to go into all the world.
You ask me to be still.
You were.
You are.
You are to come.
You reveal so much of Yourself.
You will always be a mystery.
You are faithful even when I am faithless.
You give and take away.
You give me freedom when I become Your servant.

So many things to wrap my mind around. God, thank You for not giving up on me. Thank You for loving me. Thank You for allowing me to contemplate the paradox that is You. Thank You for letting me cry. Thank You for letting me laugh. Thank You for giving me a heart that can break and that can love. Thank You for the peace You give me in the midst of all that comes with this life. Thank You for being patient when I am not. Thank You for who You are.

1 comment:

theDING said...

Who am I?
That you are mindful of me?

I'm thankful that I know you too. You continue to inspire and encourage...