Friday, May 19, 2006

Ah Calgary. I never thought I would want to move here, but last summer I said I could see myself here for the next few years. That, however, is not happening any time soon (that I know of). The plan is to move to Surrey, BC. Oh, how I miss the West Coast! I love Saskatchewan as well. But as I have been in the Calgary area again for a couple days I wonder why I do not just move here. It is so beautiful, there are so many opportunities (jobs and otherwise), there are so many people here who I know and so many others I could get to know. It would be so easy for me to not continue on to BC when I am done in SK, but I know that I need to go to Surrey. I know that God is leading me there. I know that there is so much that He has planned for me while I am there. It is hard knowing that I have just over a month to find both a job and a place to live there, but I know that God is faithful. I trust Him, knowing that He loves me and will provide for me one way or another. Anyways, I'm off to watch the Edmonton Oilers defeat the Anaheim Mighty Ducks in this beautiful Western Conference Final. GO OILERS GO!!!

2 comments:

theDING said...

I live in Calgary, so...

GO ANAHEIM GO!

I really don't want to see Edmonton go on to win the cup...I hate having to spar with Oiler fans and hear them reminice about their few cups in the 80's and this would just give them more ammo to give me grief.

On a less bitter note, enjoy your stay in Calgary; it's a nice place...I like it.

Scott said...

I hear that Calgary has rattle snakes and black widow spiders. I think you better move back to Saskatchewan and cheer for the Riders.