Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Something I wrote this morning that I thought I needed to share...

Bound by time? I lay here and begin to write, knowing that I do not have a long period of time in which to write. In this sense I am bound by time. My purpose in writing, however, is to journey with God, to discover Him, to explore myself, to reflect on life.... In this sense I am never bound by time, only by my mindset. I so desire to worship God with my entire being and yet I get in the way of this. God, help me to focus on You as I write, as I work, as I sit at a table with others, as I am off on my own. "One thing I ask, this is what I seek, that I may dwell in the house of the Lord forever." Where is my reverence of You, Father God, Creator, YHWH, Lord, Redeemer, Master, Savior, Friend? I look all around me and who do I see? It is You, the Alpha and Omega. It is You who said You would never leave me. You are always with me. You are my hope, my strength, my breath, my life. To You do I direct my worship, for You alone are worthy. I lay at Your feet. I dwell in Your presence, in the presence of the Almighty, and I wait. I listen. I worship.

3 comments:

theDING said...

We're made for eternity...

That's why it feels like we're "bound" by time; I'm glad to see that you've chosen to take God at His word and trust him in the midst of all this because there's nothing better you can do.

Ashley said...

thank you

rachel elizabeth said...

you, your pursuit of our LORD, your heart, your thoughts, your insight into things around you are such a blessing and a challenge in my life. Thank you my friend.