Saturday, May 13, 2006

KARATE GOPHER???


Well, today is the 4th Annual Eston River Trek. These people are CRAZY! No, just kidding. I am amazed by the people who take this on. Karla and I were providing food and drinks at checkpoint 2, which was the half-marathon point. The first person to reach this 13 mile mark had left town with the 6am group and arrived at our station at 8am. The conditions for the runners/walkers was pretty good except for good ol' Eston mud and the wind that picked up every so often. For those of us sitting outside (or partially outside) for 3 hours it was FREEZING! Well, maybe not that bad, but it was pretty cold! I was in town last year at this time, but didn't really pay all that much attention to this event, but it was good to get involved in this community in a new way. It is still going on as I write this. Last year the times ranged from about 5 1/2 hours to 14 hours to complete the 40 miles. It is quite the event!

1 comment:

.:Alix:. said...

Hey girl! Wow I want to be involved in somthing like that...sounds like it would be fun....I MISS YOU SYLVIA!! Hope to see you soon....well atleast in october or somthing....you better come visit me...and bring that Rachel friend of yours too. ;)