Wednesday, January 14, 2004

I feel so lost right now. In a way I am glad to be in this state, but in another way...it sucks! So often I struggle with knowing what the right thing is to do. Well, not exactly the right thing, but what God would want me to do. I have heard so many people say that I just need to step out and make a decision and God will let me know if it was the right one. For the most part, I am alright with this answer, though of course I would like a more direct one, but I have learned that is not something I should expect, yet still hope for. Anyways, my reason for writing is to try to work through some stuff in my head, maybe get other people's thoughts on it. Earlier today I got really angry with someone because they hurt me a lot. From my understanding of what I am learning in class right now, I should tell the person that I felt hurt by what they did, while acknowledging that my getting angry in response to my hurt is my sin. A common response I would expect to hear from people is that I should confront the person and tell them that I was hurt and that what they did was wrong and that I don't deserve to be treated like that and, because they have hurt me in this way so many times before, that I am sick and tired of them playing games with me. From my current understanding of God and His Word, I should cry out to God for justice and let Him deal with it any way He sees fit, if He decides to do anything at all, because it is not my place to judge people, and if I try to, then I am not trusting Him. Unfortunately, I also find the Bible telling me to talk to the person who sinned against me, let them know what they did is wrong, and respond according to their response. There's so much more, but I can't even think right now.

No comments: