Sunday, January 11, 2004

I love it when I meet people who are passionate about things that I have not particularly enjoyed orpaid attention to before. Before I came to school, I had no interest in learning about history, politics, or art (though I could definitely appreciate art from the little I knew about it). Now I have met people who eat these things up like candy. The way they talk about these areas and others makes me see these things in a new light. It's like they come alive when they can talk aout these things, which in turn leads me in a new understanding and draws me to care about these things as well. Thinking about this leads me to a question: Why don't I, as a Christian, talk about the Bible like this? Why do I not allow God's Word to consume me to the point where it is my greatest passion in life, where I come alive when I discuss it? Am I afraid of being labeled a fanatic? Am I too lazy and apathetic to bother reading it in such a way that it will penetrate my entire being? I need to learn God's Word in such a way that it will change the way I live, so as to draw people to the beauty of God, as well as to bring me to a new level of worship of God.

No comments: