Friday, May 28, 2004

Wow! Did anybody else read/hear about that 22-month old who was pronounced dead (cause: drowning), but that as he was getting prepped for his funeral, he was breathing?!?! Praise God for giving this little boy his life back. On a slightly different note: I've been reading my 2-Year Bible since last January, but I find it difficult to get into because I don't get to read things completely in context. I don't want to stop reading it because it has been keeping me accountable to reading my Bible, but at the same time I want to stop reading it so that I can read whole sections to get a fuller grasp on what I'm reading. As I was reading my 2-Year today, I got to this one part and wondered what it said in a different translation, so I grabbed another Bible. This other Bible has a cross reference and footnotes. I really enjoyed having the freedom to read something in the Old Testament, then cross reference it to the New, then cross reference something else in the passage back to the Old. I guess I'm looking forward to the Life of Christ class so I can really get into that stuff and have access to books that can help me dig in deeper. God's Word is so full of life...when I was reading this morning, I could feel my soul drinking deeply.

No comments: