Friday, May 07, 2004

My car is all better now! My dad oiled the hinges on the doors (who woulda thunk?) and rather than just fixing the brackets on the muffler, he just went and got me a new muffler. I have finally been able to have access to a printer that works (well, I guess I'll find out for sure before I leave here), so now I can print out my resume and hopefully get a job or two. I really miss people from FGBI, some people more than I thought I would. I guess it's hitting me that some of them are actually not coming back next year. I don't know what to do about the moving thing. If I stay in Abby with my parents, brother, sister-in-law, and niece, I will have an easier time paying off my debt and I won't miss out on my niece growing up. If I move to SK (or somewhere else), I will have the space I need and my niece will have somewhere to go when she needs to get away for a while. I can't believe I'm gonna be 25 this year! I'm pretty excited about it. A story of 2 extremes that show me growing up: 1. I went to the video store on Tuesday (cheap day) to rent a movie that my mom might like to watch for her birthday which was on Wednesday. I had decided to rent Out of Time, but as I was on my way back through the shelves to get it, I passed the Previously Viewed movies. I bought three: Out of Time, Mona Lisa Smile, and one other one I can't think of right now. I went there planning to spend $1 and ended up spending almost $25. 2. On Wednesday I went to House of James (Christian bookstore) to buy a birthday card and Mother's Day card. I spent so much time in there, looking through so many books and cds. I almost bought a couple cds and some Inklings books and I catually had another book in my hand planning to buy it. I realized these things were not absolutely necessary and could wait, so I put the book back and left the store with the two cards I went in there for. It was hard to do, but God gave me strength to overcome the temptation to spend money I don't have. I tend to start things and not finish them, but I am hoping to memorize Psalm 90 this summer (and maybe some other portions of Scripture).

No comments: