Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Hooray! I can finally join the "let's complain about work" club! I didn't hear back from the chicken barn people, but my 4 hour training session at the Bingo Hall turned into an 8 hour work day. I walk around all day...actually, it's more sauntering than walking, but you get the point...giving people bingo cards (of which I didn't realize there were so many! What happened to the good ol' days???) and take their money (though somebody must have taken some of mine too 'cause I was $13.50 short today...which apparently isn't a big deal since they gross over $10 million a year). When I was done, they said they'd probably call me to work again tomorrow. I signed up for most days on the availability sheet, so I'll probably get more hours than I thoguht I would be. But anyways, because I was walking all day, my feet are sore and I can feel muscles I never knew I had. Plus, when they changed my shift hours, they neglected to tell me what happens with meals there, so I haven't eaten since breakfast. (I guess these the combination of walking and not eating is good for a little weight loss). I've been feeling a little light-headed for most of the day, so I better go home to get some supper. Just thought I'd pop into the library to give you an update. I miss you all VERY much!

No comments: