Tuesday, June 01, 2004

When it rains it pours!!! I called the dentist a couple weeks ago to make an appointment. They said they didn't have anything till June 2nd. I figured sure, why not? I've got nothing else goin on. Then I got a call from my old boss yesterday giving me a job tip. So I call this place (Edenvale Restoration) and they say that they do need someone and to fill out some papers in the morning. I went in this morning, but there were no papers to fill out. He told the receptionist that he wants me to start tomorrow. He hadn't told me anything about it yet, so another girl took my info down and said she'd get him to call me later with details (ie. what time I should show up tomorrow). Now, this job isn't that great (cleaning out the chicken barns from the avian flu that was going around), but the pay makes up for it: $20/hr!!! (I know it won't be a job for the whole summer, but it's something for right now). So I figured I'd probably have to cancel my dentist appointment so I could work, but I decided to hold off (just in case I don't start tomorrow). Then I got another call today from the bingo hall asking me to come in from 11am-3pm tomorrow for paid training and to see if things would work out. I would only have casual hours at the bingo hall, but they would likely be weekend evenings, so it wouldn't interfere with any other job. Since I hadn't heard from the Restoration place yet, I told the bingo guy that I'd be there tomorrow. Hopefully I won't start the chicken barn thing till Thursday so I can do both, but regardless, I cannot go to the dentist tomorrowow, so I'll have to make another appointment for the day before I leave to go back to school. Oh ya! While I was on the phone with the bingo guy, nobody was watching my niece, so she grabbed my glass of coke and dumped a bunch of it all over the end table, the carpet, and herself! I'm glad God knows what He's doing 'cause I have NO idea! Please pray for me. I was gonna write about some other stuff, but I think I'll leave it for tomorrow (or whenever I'm free again). That's enough for today.

No comments: